“I’ll cross the bridge when I get there,” it was the only reasonable answer that I could give him.
We were sitting there, side by side. His arms wrapped around me. A movie is playing on his laptop while I watch the Neem tree’s leaves fall down gracefully– like a ballerina in trance. There were a lot of emotions: happiness, excitement, fear, sadness, and amidst this mixture, I’m looking for uncertainty. Is it there?
He was passively watching the movie, his fingertips touching mine. I looked at him and those brown eyes took me in, my whole being, expressing what he knows into my eyes– silently confessing his love. I stared back, trying to fight off the awkwardness, gripping his hands. Facing the fears.
“Whatever it is that you want, I’ll be always here. I promise.”
I look away, watching the road ahead and the leaves that were still falling. I lean closer to him, his arms became tighter. I closed my eyes, felt his heart thudding and my heart beating in a rhythm that I don’t understand. I’m happier now, maybe even happiest. This feels right then it should be. I don’t want us to drain into the black pit of what if’s. I want us. I don’t want this to end even before the beginning.
The beginning is always the most difficult part but after almost two years since I took a turn on that crossroad I can say that I have been in the happiest state in my life. I’ll always treasure that particular moment, that moment of the falling leaves because it marked a beautiful beginning for us.
This is in response of the Daily Prompt: If you leave.
Here are the other blogger’s crossroads:
- Black-and-white mood | The Bliss of Reality
- Electric pole | Vintage Photography
- 1973 – Volkswagen Beetle | The Bliss of Reality
- 1970 – Volkswagen Beetle | The Bliss of Reality
- Night is young | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Crossing | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- 1969 – Volvo 142 | The Bliss of Reality
- Tetris | Crazy Art
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave -Living Simple Life and the Obstacle | Journeyman
- Droplet from water tap explaining to its brothers and sisters structure of the world ocean | Crazy Art
- Leaving for the Normal | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt & The Button (short story) | The Jittery Goat
- Dp Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Sabethville
- of last straws | Anawnimiss
- dulu dan nanti | The Frozen Tears
- Leaving | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- I’ve Had Enough of This Utah Place
- Daily Prompt: Break Ups | Cabernet In The Dark
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Beyond the horizon | MC’s Whispers
- Who Really DECIDES? | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Harry Potter, Famous Dads and Stoke Newington | AS I PLEASE
- Dear John: a fictional letter | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Daily Prompt: Leave an old and start a new! Can I ? | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Selbstständigkeit versus Festanstellung | Zeitarbeiterin
- when love appeared in a yellow brick road | kaleidoscope sparks of defiance
- DP: Leaving – Autumn by Ruswa Fatehpuri | aliabbasali