Two years ago, I wrote a post about why I won’t sign up on a gym and came up with my self-proclaimed prerequisite if I ever decided to go.
Well, it’s been two years and my fitness goal hasn’t improved, not even a little. Here are some of the things that I did in the past two years that I started and somehow failed.
- Swimming. I took up swimming lessons to learn how to swim and after some readings found out that it’s really good for your health and other good things about it. Luckily for me, I was able to learn how to be confident in swimming, though I never perfected my form. On the other side of the coin, swimming is a little bit expensive here. It cost me around 3000 PHP (67 USD) for a month of lesson and swimming pool use. I don’t have the luxury of spending that much on a monthly basis and so after learning some basics I dropped the lesson and went on with my life. 😀
- Running. I have been running since college days but running in college means that it’s part of a training session in soccer. Running now means jogging in the afternoon and joining some fun run. I joined a lot of fun runs in the past two years but I still didn’t see any changes in my lifestyle. Why? I wasn’t religiously training for any run, except the last one, and if you’re an athlete or a sport-enthusiast this would be an alarming confession. You see, I would join any fun run without thinking twice and I’m hurting my body for it. It’s not healthy to go on a run, whether it’s only a 3-KM or 6-KM run without proper training.
- Home Exercise. I downloaded two application ever since I got back from Alabang. The first one is a seven-minute exercise and a Tabata Exercise timer. The problem with this was that I sometimes lose my focus on doing it or it sometimes boring or any other good-for-nothing reasons. The main point, I’m not really good dealing with my own laziness.
- Soccer. I played soccer during my college days. If I get the luxury of joining the game I would but sometimes I couldn’t just play because I really don’t have enough money for fare. Well, college days sometimes do mean being broke and happy. During my stay in my previous company, we decided to create a soccer club since a lot of us are soccer enthusiast. One problem for me is that I can’t join tournament because I’m the only lady in the team. It’s frustrating. We also do practices but due to overtimes and unexpected turn of events, the schedule is a bit sporadic. I still play but it would be on some days when I really have a lot of free time. Even my weekends are fully booked.
Grabbed from the internet
To create a great recipe, one must be relaxed. Sip your tea before you begin. Today, we’re going to cook something that might give us some lessons about life.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 bitter gourd
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste.
What if I’m tired
of being an adult,
of being responsible
of thinking before doing something,
of being mature enough,
of being understanding.
What if I’m tired
of the voices within my head,
of the thoughts that I drown,
of the things I cannot say,
of the tears I cannot explain.
What if I’m tired
of not going,
of not staying,
of not flying,
of not being free.
What if? (more…)
When the number of bugs and work load becomes too much, the primary reaction of a system is to try to finish the task faster which leads to some developer reaching the “in the zone” phase of coding; though, this is not the case for everyone. Other system reacts differently, some loses the ability to focus due to the amount of stress that came with the experience. This can be attributed to both the way a human reacts or if for some
damn reason that the number of tasks become impossible. It’s like reaching the summit, err no, the limitation of what should be done today.
Last week, Sugarplum and I went to Cagayan De Oro City to attend the graduation of his younger brother. To save up, we decided to take a ship instead of a plane ride, airfare costs around three times more than the regular ship fare. Another advantage of going to ship ride is the fact that it’s just an overnight travel from Cebu to Cagayan De Oro. If you can sleep away the tides of the ocean, then this is a really good option for you. (more…)
I love books especially the printed one. I love the smell of books, the new or the old one. The new books’ smell reminds me of the others I started and finished but its strong point lies in the memories I had when I first open my work books in elementary or the very first book I’ve bought out of my allowance or salary. It reminds me of beginnings, small beginnings and the adventure that lies ahead. (more…)
Inks and Scribbles new header
The site is now up and running, design-wise nothing really changed except the updated About Page and new categories: Books, Personal Thoughts and Short Stories.
Why did I narrow down my categories to these three? (more…)
Last year, the highlight of Valentine’s day is an elevator surprise by Sugarplum. Just as the elevator opened on the first floor of my then office, he was standing outside of it with a bouquet of flowers. I almost run upstairs out of my awkwardness. You can read that here. Sorry for that. :3
Modest by Elegant Themes
Today, I got one of my favorite gifts from him– a brand new theme for this blog! Wohoo. This blog, is one of the things that he had given me on our first year together. Here’s the story on how I got my own domain name and how we started hosting websites. (more…)
A Thousand Splendid Suns
This 2015, I want to share with you what the books I’ve enjoyed so far and what are my thoughts about them.
I love books because they give me a chance to use my imagination. To dream of a different life, a different adventure away from my safe haven, to experience things as if it were my own. Books can give me that awesome feeling of happiness, horror, suspense and can take me to places I’ve never been and meet great people that I may never meet in real life. (more…)
2014 had ended.
Oh, I think this post is tooo late to reminisce what happened in 2014 but then, we successfully bade good bye to 2014 and thus, we are presented with a new 365 new beginnings. A clean slate(hopefully) and another chance to make the most out of our life.
Christmas shopping with family